Understanding U.S. Immigration Levels - By The Numbers

Most Americans have no idea of the actual number of immigrants entering the country or the significance of the current immigration rate. This Blogburst from Euphoric Reality will clear that up.

I strongly encourage everyone to take 17 minutes out of your day and watch the video, and tell others about it. (Just watch the first few minutes, you will see why I say this). It is stunning.

As Heidi notes, when you add in illegal immigrants to the figures denoted in the presentation, the only possible conclusion a reasonable person could draw is that the U.S. will be gone in two generations if something is not done now to close the gates and reverse the influx.

By Heidi at Euphoric Reality

This is a MUST SEE video for anyone interested in the immigration debate, whether you are a citizen, a legal immigrant, an illegal alien or a Congressman. This clip is from the longer video, Immigration by the Numbers, and features Roy Beck of NumbersUSA demonstrating the catastrophe of unrestricted immigration by Third World people into our nation. He uses standard statistics and simple gumballs to show this disaster in the making.

This video is very short - only 17 minutes total - don't miss it! Even if you think you know what our future looks like, this video will shock you!

H/T for the video: Third World County

Here are some additional resources concerning the population disaster that is pending for our nation.

You can order videos of Immigration by the Numbers and others for only $10.

A chart of the declining levels of Americans and the exploding numbers of foreign-born immigrants.

A chart of the future of the U.S. in this century

*These numbers are NOT fanciful or manipulated to make a political point. They are cold, hard facts calculated by the most conservative estimator of all - the U.S. Census Bureau.

Despite the sheer impossibility of the numbers in the video and the source link above, you should know that they DO NOT include the number of illegal aliens and their offspring. Why?

The bar graph counts only the annual number of legal immigrants.

If illegal aliens could be accurately counted and included, it is likely that the 1966-89 period would be revealed as being even more disparate from earlier eras. Illegal immigration is believed to be far higher during recent decades than in the past.

The Census Bureau estimates there are 8 million illegal immigrants currently in the U.S. [A very conservative estimate - the numbers are possibly 2 1/2 to more than 3 times greater than estimated by the Census Bureau. -ed.]

On annual illegal immigration, the Center for Immigration Studies has extrapolated the latest Census data to show that 700,000 to 800,000 new illegal aliens are settling each year. Now, far, far more than that enter illegally each year, but there is a lot of back and forth. The 700,000 to 800,000 represents illegals who truly settle in for at least a couple of years, and usually much, much longer.

As bad as it looks on paper now, it is actually much worse in reality. We already know that the number of illegal aliens is more than quadruple the number of legal immigrants allowed into the country each year. The Border Patrol estimates that more than 4 million illegal aliens enter the country each year - and they apprehend about one in seven. That means, while they are catching 571,000 illegals each year, almost 3.5 million escape detection and melt into our communities.

What would the graph of the population explosion look like if the numbers of illegal aliens are included? The numbers are almost incomprehensible. We are looking at the utter devastation of our nation.

This has been a production of the Guard the Borders Blogburst. It was started by Euphoric Reality, and serves to keep immigration issues in the forefront of our minds as we’re going about our daily lives and continuing to fight the war on terror. If you are concerned with the trend of illegal immigration facing our country, join our Blogburst! Just send an email with your blog name and url to admin at guardtheborders dot com.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Understanding U.S. Immigration Levels - By The Numbers.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://novatownhall.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/638

Someone named "Budzinski" worries that "the U.S. will be gone in two generations if something is not done now to close the gates and reverse the influx." Before you would make the distinction between illegal immigrants and legal immigrants. I guess now we're starting to see what your real agenda is.

Someone named "Zimso" should watch the video before mouthing off.

Zimzo:

Again showing you have the brains and couth of a water buffalo.

Brains: the post was written by Heidi; Joe was just reposting it here.

Couth: Joe's heritage is entirely irrelevant to the discussion. Furthermore, you seem to assume that being Polish means your family recently came the the U.S. But there are at least four states that have a Pulaski County, named for General Casimir Pulaski, who dared more in his 32 years of life than we can dream of.

BTW, why don't you tell us what Joe's "real agenda is."

Kathy said:

This video seemed to me to be a population-control-at-any-cost screed. Immigrants were the main complaint, but I heard a reference to "regular reproduction by citizens who are already here" also being undesirable.

I guess politics makes strange bedfellows, but I'd just as soon not hop in the sack with these people.

Actually, our Socialist Security and Medicare Ponzi schemes, to have any hope of being sustainable, require population growth. Since the native population is not reproducing at replacement rate, immigration is necessary. However, if these immigrants do not assimilate, then their culture will replace ours, and the U.S. will likely become another Latin American republic. The Latin American republics are not enviable political and social models.

Kathy, you are right - and I should have commented on that part but this must be my week of little original thinking, unfortunately. Time squeeze.

The numbers is what I found important - when he starts talking about the big picture he loses me also. I think the goal is not to reduce the population of the world, necessarily, but for more parts of the world to become financially stable so everyone doesn't want to come here.

The overwhelming problem is that that many people can't be assimilated by U.S. culture - and as things are developing they may not have to. U.S culture, and by that I mean our system of government, shared beliefs, core values, revered history, all that stuff, will disappear.

Kevin said:

Joe, I respectfully submit that I have not watched the video (yet) (I gotta get these things out in the open before I type!) but I wonder at the issue of assimilation and the failure to do so resulting in "our system of government, shared beliefs, core values, revered history, all that stuff, will disappear". Do you really think that is a reality?

I think that is a distinct reality if the immigrants do not assimilate. The Celtic culture is France has been completely destroyed by immigrants, and in England nearly so. The American Indian culture is a shadow of what it once was. (The Indians realized this danger as soon as the Jamestown settlers started to bring in women.)

That is the fate of cultures. There is either assimilation or destruction.

Kevin said:

So you're saying that it's a sort of culture war? Sort of a destroy or be destroyed?

Kevin said:

Also, do you assume that other cultures don't share our core values or share our beliefs? That our system of government is so reprehensible that millions flock to this country? That people come here with the express purpose of taking over and changing what's in place? Really? That's funny.

Kevin:

Intentially twisting words is not good debate style. It just makes you look like a jerk.

It is not a matter of "destroy or be destroyed," but the US culture and system of government are unique in this world, and a large influx of unassimilating immigrants will destroy it. I do not think these immigrants intend to destroy our culture and system of government, but they will do so nevertheless, because they do not share our beliefs or core values.

The Latin American culture, however, is in no similar danger from the U.S. We are not moving into those countries en mass and refusing to assimilate.

Kevin said:

Why I feel like I CONSTANTLY am apologizing to you, I do not know. I certainly didn't mean to twist your words and be a jerk.

On sharing our beliefs or core values I would disagree, politely, with you and say that it is because of our beliefs and core values that millions flock en masse.

One interesting aspect to me (maybe the only interesting one) is the idea of language, the refusal to assimilate in regards to language, the fear of those (us) at that aspect of unassimilation, and our reaction to it.

Personally I think that millions come, legally or illegally, because of the freedom of expression and culture so celebrated (or at least legally allowed until it's illegalized) by America.

IM SAYING (not you) that it does appear very much to be a culture war. I hope I haven't offended you this time. Phew!

Kevin:

It IS a culture war, but because the Latin American culture is not threatened by us, it is not "destroy or be destroyed."

I submit that your premise that "millions come... because of the freedom of expression and culture so celebrated... by America" is only partly true. I think most people come for the economic opportunity here, not understanding that that economic opportunity is dependent on the above-mentioned freedom of expression and culture., Since they do not understand that relationship, they do not believe that it is necessary to preserve that freedom and culture.

I wonder why you believe that I, or most of the people I associate with, or for that matter Kevin or Stay Puft share beliefs and core values with most of the people who write on this blog just because (I assume) we were all born here.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man said:

*poof*
You called?

I'm glad that people are willing to spend 17 minutes to better understand the immigration question.
But while the man obviously knows his way around a Kinko's, his talk does, in fact, only present one side of the story.

To anyone who is interested in further developing their understanding of this complex issue, I urge you to head to your local library or Border's and spend a few minutes looking at a book (a book) called, "With These Hands," by Daniel Rothenberg. The book is made up of interviews with people who are all, in one way or another, involved with migrant farm workers (a group which is about 80% mexican-born). The author sits down with farm workers, growers, immigration and border partol officers, concerned politicians, etc. and he lets them tell their stories.

If in the end you're still convinced that the US is experiencing a mass invasion of people determined to end America-as-we-know-it, then at least you can file the time you spent reading "With These Hands," by Daniel Rothenberg under "Knowing your enemy," and may god have mercy on our souls.

*poof*

Kevin,

I'm at a "job site" all week so am WAY too busy to blog or answer in depth. But you deserve at least a brief answer in the midst of the fog here.

I don't think the immigrants are coming to try and change American culture. It is simply what will happen because of the numbers. The number of people coming into the U.S. from the third world dwarfs any previous rate of immigration as a percentage of current population.

Don't forget, those who came from 1830-1925, a period of time I know something about, were hell bent on becoming American, and came from cultures not so far removed.

The number now is far greater, the cultural distance is also greater, and the intention to assimilate is far lower.

Yes, it is a culture war (this was a title of an early post and the rational for the 'dispatches' theme), but in a different sense from what we heard about in the 80s and 90s.

The illegal immigrants, probably numbering around 20 million now and increasing by a few million a year, are coming for money, not to change our culture.

A little lesson about 'culture.' People don't create it intentionally. It is, really, just the blanket description of what any group of persons happens to do.

The twenty guys in the house next door don't have a cultural agenda, but they do change the culture. Ditto for the home based construction and car repair businesses in what used to be neatly trimmed neighborhoods.

When the local elementary school has its signage with messages in Spanish first, and English below, it's not because anyone demanded it. It's what had to happen because the majority of families speak Spanish at home. But it changes the culture in far reaching ways.

There is a LOT more to the issue. I assume you will give me credit for believing this is a problem, without having time to spell it all out.

More later.

Zimzo:

I do not believe that you have my core beliefs and values, or ANY core beliefs and values.