A Modest Proposal to Speaker Pelosi

If this Washington Post story is even remotely accurate, I will send the following letter to our new House Speaker.

Dear Hon. Nancy Pelosi:

Please impeach President Bush. Our country deserves better. American blue-collar workers and our less-educated citizens are the primary victims of lawless immigration and opportunistic employers who profit by hiring under the table. I think you will agree that notions of "human rights" should stem, first, from respect for the citizens of this country.

Thank you.

Your friend,

Joe Budzinski

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: A Modest Proposal to Speaker Pelosi.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://novatownhall.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/719

Had Enough said:

If you think that pelosi would give any consideration to Citizen workers or the Citizen unemloyed over the illegals you would be -Wrong! Since she owns a winery in CA with her husband, cheap illegal labor benefits their bank accounts.

"As Peter Schweizer notes in his best-selling expose of liberal hypocrisy, “Do As I Say (Not As I Do),” part of the fortune of this defender of the working man is a Napa Valley vineyard worth $25 million that she owns with her husband. The vineyard produces expensive grapes for high-end wines. Napa grapes bring up to $4,000 a ton compared with $300 a ton for, say, San Joaquin grapes."

She has openly opposed any enforcement in regards to illegal aliens.

"Pelosi has never been a fan of employer sanctions against the hiring of illegal aliens. In 2003, she accused immigration officers of conducting “terrorizing raids” on Wal-Mart stores that led to the arrest of more than 300 illegal aliens."

Bringing this issue up with her is no different than approaching kennedy or the catholic church, the end result will be the same.

She is no different than Linda Chavez and Bernard Carrick, except she has a large interest to protect. Chavez and Carrick did withdraw, she won't. She must be in heaven thinking that she will now have the muscle to legalize her alien workforce.

Please, she has no intention of legalizing her alien workforce, because she'd then have to pay them at least minimum wage, and she'd have to pay their payroll taxes.

No Relation said:

Whoa now. I'm with you on the immigration issue, but asking the "Abortion Queen" to impeach Bush is not a good idea. Imagine the power trip she'd be on if that was successful.

But look at it this way, the longer they are involved in hearings the less time available to do any damage.

No Relation said:

Good point, Joe. I guess I was immediately turned off right away when I saw the abbreviated "honorable" in front of the words "Nancy Pelosi".

Another thing is: I love President Bush. Sure, he's made mistakes (who hasn't?)...and I don't blindly support him on every issue(who does?)...BUT...the man has a backbone of steel. He makes his decisions on principle and then he sticks to them. Do you think Al "I read the polls every morning before I decide my position on anything" Gore would be capable of that? How about John the "flip-waffler" Kerry? Men like W are rare in politics.

I don't agree with the President's immigration policy. If there was a way to deport however many millions of people are here illegally, I'd be all for it. It just seems to me mass deportation would be a logistical nightmare. Let alone the bad PR...wow...if you think the Bush/Hitler comparisons are ridiculous now...

So far, Mike Pence's plan is most appealing to me. Give them incentive to get out, then come back legally, if they choose to do so. I'm against amnesty, and for forgiveness.

Kevin said:

Had Enough = Joe Budzinski sock puppet. There's just not enough character development.

NR, my feelings about the President are the same as yours but he has been a huge disappointment on a very important issue. (By contrast, Nancy Pelosi will never be able to "disappoint" me because the limit's already been reached).

Bush as been a puzzle for some time, simply because he can be so right about many things and so wrong about a few important things. At this point, I'm beyond puzzled and simply pissed.

On "mass deportation," that is not the issue. Crack down on employers gaming the system and the jobs will disappear and the illegal migrants will self-deport. Close the border and they won't get in. I don't want to see people rounded up and I don't know a single person on the pro-enforcement side who does. I just want to see the loopholes closed.

S. P. Uppet said:

If Joe Budzinski was going to introduce a sock puppet, you can bet it would be CRAZY, man. Like some beat poet or the guy selling flowers in the median strip talking to himself. Or maybe a corporate, yet irreverent, Alice Cooper type talking politics over martinis at the 19th hole. Joe Budzinski's just too damn aggressive to let his puppets parrot his own views. Joe wants to leave your head spinning. That's the Joe I know.

No Relation said:

Alice Cooper rocks. "Ballad of Dwight Frye" is like a theme song to my life.

Just a side-note...did you know nowadays Alice Cooper's "born-again" and actually teaches Sunday school? Read the lyrics on his last handful of albums if you don't believe me.

From what I can tell though, Joe Budzinski's cooler guy. Accept maybe in the songwriting department.

Kevin said:

Um, yes, Good Enough description of Had Enough, so far, except maybe the part about beat poet or Alice Cooper.

NR: Yes Alice is a trip.

Kevin: ... ?

Kevin Puppet said:

.say I him Abandon .myself unlike ,beer little precious brews He .us scamming is Joe .puppets sock on reliance extensive his through blogging of ethics the twisted completely has Joe because backwards message this write I

Kevin said:

if only. it was. true. neeeeed. more beer. where is beer....