Petition Against Ann Coulter

The morons are at it again. It sure is going to be amusing to watch Americans suddenly remember why they have been voting Republican all these years.

Anyway, I highly recommend signing the petition with all the dignity and seriousness it merits. (For a laugh, take a moment to read some of the entries).

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Petition Against Ann Coulter.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://novatownhall.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/743

Gee, Joe, do you really believe Americans will all come running to the defense of Ann Coulter? Sometimes I wonder what kind of a bubble you live in.

No, I certainly do not expect all Americans to come running to Ann's defense, which is why I must do so. And I always shall, as long as I have breath.

Or at least as long as she wears makeup and is presented with certain flattering lighting consitions because we know you aren't dumb enough to agree with anything she says. As I've said before, I have actually seen her in close up in person and if you have, too, and still think she's teh hot, then remind me to keep reptiles at a safe distance from you in the future.

A Moderate Voice said:

She has an Adams apple, has no one noticed that but me?

Ever read one of her books? I can answer that: No. I agree with a whole lot of what she says, which is why I love her so. She's the whole package.

Stay out of this one, Mod: this thread threatens to become no place for nice girls like yourself.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man said:

no you aren't the only one, mod. I've been saying it for years; Ann Coulter is a man.

he also advocates the use of violence and intimidation against those who don't share his point of view.

I wonder if Joe would rush to support an Islamic cleric who did the same.

An Islamic cleric who writes "Godless" will be at the top of my Christmas list.

No Relation said:

Good idea, poof.

Anyone else hungry for S'mores?

charles said:

Clueless liberals, don't see the offensiveness of a POLITICAL PARTY requesting that the other POLITICAL PARTY denounce the words of some non-elected writer.

Meanwhile, we can't even hold elected democrats accountable for actual QUOTES from actual things they SAID, without being called mean-spirited.

At least this isn't the leadership of the house and senate democrats calling for prior censorship of a network under threat of pulling their license using the force of government.

Democrats do a lot better if people are prevented from telling the truth, or when the media kindly allows them to run for election without telling us anything at all.

I was not aware that what Coulter writes are being called books now. I did read one of her clip jobs (It was the one where she claims Joseph McCarthy was just sadly misunderstood, Treason I think)and there were so many factual errors and bizarre leaps of logic that I found it unintentionally funny. I thought only someone who thinks Rush Limbaugh is an intellectual would take this seriously.

Honestly, Joe, I would have a lot more respect for you if you just admitted that you are attracted to her, odd as it may be to think a woman with an adam's apple is attractive. But if that's your preference so be it, I'm not judgmental about people's sexual preferences.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man said:

wait, joe. serious. we're all friends here --none of this, "it's somehow in our interest to really piss 'liberals' off" coulter-esque. You really think she has Good Ideas?

if so, please explain. What does she bring to the table?

"The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet--it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars -- that's the Biblical view."

-some silly, scrawny, screwed-up little white girl

Zimzo, SPMM: you are uninformed and badly read but I hereby forgive you both, because most liberals are similarly uneducated. You simply need to open your minds and read more. "Godless" is the current assignment. If you are too chintzy to acquire your own copy, please send me your physical address and I will ship mine to you.

I also encourage you both to have your affairs in order because upon reading this book your respective heads are likely to explode, and I would hate to have to explain everything to your heirs.

By your remarks I see you are both highly ignorant and, frankly, silly men. Pity, that.

No Relation said:

I'm with Joe. Disagree with her opinions all you want. I dare you to challenge her facts.

A Moderate Voice said:

Relation,

"I'm with Joe. Disagree with her opinions all you want. I dare you to challenge her facts".

The problem is most of you GOP folks don't seem to know the difference between the two.

No Relation said:

MV,

Ah...a stereotype...perhaps I am guilty of it...but probably not. It doesn't matter, I wasn't speaking of myself. I was merely defending my Queen, and you've yet to expose her fallacy. Good luck on your impossible mission.

No Relation said:

The Queen thing was a joke. I love democracy.

"You are uninformed and badly read but I hereby forgive you both, because most liberals are similarly uneducated."

I guess that's your attempt to imitate Coulter. But it would work a lot better if you had a blonde wig on when you were saying it. Then again, for all I know, maybe you did have a blonde wig on when you wrote that.

Seriously, though, it's the crass rhetoric from people like Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin and others that has turned most people off to conservatives.

e-tranger said:

No Relation,

Impossible mission?

Consult chapters 2 and 3 of your well-thumbed copy of Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell them, for instance.

Or go to this link, which took me all of 10 seconds to locate:

Trust me: there are many, many more. There's a veritable cottage industry out there devoted to debunking Your Queen.

She's quite loose with her mouth, and with the facts.

Frankly, she doesn't deserve the attention.

Yes, she moves some books -- there's a market segment out there, no doubt, that will, for example, pay money to read a book arguing that Joe McCarthy should be a revered national icon (which about says it all, for me).

I've read various chapters from some of her earlier books (e.g., Treason)and it astonishes me that a person of discriminating taste could find her illuminating or witty.

She's a shock-jock in a mini skirt.

Is she hot? Consider that her competition is Robert Novak.

Still, the petition --assuming it's not a hoax --is a laughable piece of nonsense.

No Relation said:

Hmmm..."Lies and the Lying Liers"...haven't read that one...but if that's the Stewart Smalley book, I believe she retracted that one when she realized she was incorrect. Seems she mistook someone's grandfather for his father. Mr. "People Like Me" devoted a whole chapter or two to that mistake in order to make her into a "liar". Oh, man...she skipped a whole generation within a family...how dare she.

OK...she's fallible...at least she takes things back when she unintentionally tells an untruth.

Shock-jock in a mini-skirt...Would that be a shock-skirt?...that sounds hot.

As for your other link...I'll take a look at it. As for now, I'm back to my ritual of beer and Braveheart.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man said:

OMG, Joe. You did NOT just call me unread because I haven't read an Ann Coulter book.

The apocalypse may begin now.

"you are uninformed and badly read but I hereby forgive you both, because most liberals are similarly uneducated."

Who are you kidding? everyone knows academia is the great bastion of elitist liberalism, or is that the subject of your pathetic pundit's next book?

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man said:

oh no you didn't

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man said:

whatever. you'll probably read OJ's book, too!