And They All Support Our Troops...

| | Comments (11) | TrackBacks (0)

What a load of trash. They're as patriotic as the Rosenbergs.

0 TrackBacks

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: And They All Support Our Troops....

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://novatownhall.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/984

11 Comments

AFF said:

The next thing you know they will be spitting on soldiers

http://blog.syracuse.com/news/2007/03/syracuse_woman_explains_why_sh.html

stay puft marshmallow man said:

what are you doing on facebook?

Jack said:

Puffy, there was a link on Drudge.

Kevin said:

The spitting on soldiers assertation is ridiculous and misleading if you're insinuating that the story was reporting on a soldier being spit on for being involved with the war.

Jack, maybe SOMEone thinks burning the effigy of a soldier is patriotic, but cowards like that cover their faces and call themselves anarchists.

It's likely there are plenty of examples of "patriotism" that you would not agree with like piling up a bunch of naked Iraqi men and giving the ole thumbs up?

C'mon. Of course, you were being careful with your language. . .of course not ALL people are supportive of our troops, just like not ALL troops are law abiding employees.

Ron said:

Remember, it's that 99% of the "antiwar" protesters that make the other 1% look bad! LOL

Robin said:

Jack, how are you linking this to antiwar protesters? The article states that it was "misplaced anger".

Also, may I add that it seems that any time someone disagrees with policy they are screamed at as unpatriotic. It's tiring and very silly.

Teddy Roosevelt, Twenty-sixth President of these united States of America said this: "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does NOT mean to stand by the President or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country." Please note that Teddy was a Republican. Many Dems have been voted into office because people are sick of the war. It is a "mandate from the people" to coin the president's phrase.

Ron said:

Robin, That's just it. The protesters are against the president doing what it takes to "efficiently serve the country." These leftists are AGAINST victory. They say f--k the troops. They believe that America deserves to lose. They have a LONG historical record of supporting every cause inimical to America. They earned the title of unpatriotic long ago, even as many of these individuals have no trouble taking money from the government they view as so evil.

Jack said:

Let's see about that mandate:

Bush got 62 million votes in 2004. But the Democrats said he didn't have a mandate.

Congressional Democrats get 40 million votes in 2006, and claim a mandate.

Sounds like most voters just didn't give a damn.

No Relation said:

Every time I hear something to the effect of, "Not to take away from what YOU did, be we have got to get out of there," my blood boils. It's something I've done voluntarily, because I believe it's the right thing and I believe it makes America safer.

I hate these anti-war hippies.

Robin said:

Jack, I never said Bush did or didn't have a mandate. The point is that if he thought he did and wanted things done because of it then if the people voted for people to end that war then why shouldn't it be considered their mandate?

Also, it's common knowledge and a matter of record that less people vote during congressional elections. It's not a matter of giving a damn. If that's the case then it's the pro-war people that didn't come out to vote.

Robin said:

Jack, I never said Bush did or didn't have a mandate. The point is that if he thought he did and wanted things done because of it then if the people voted for people to end that war then why shouldn't it be considered their mandate?

Also, it's common knowledge and a matter of record that less people vote during congressional elections. It's not a matter of giving a damn. If that's the case then it's the pro-war people that didn't come out to vote.

Leave a comment


Type the characters you see in the picture above.

Old Dominion Blog Alliance

Technorati

Technorati search

» Blogs that link here

ECOSYSTEM