Lou Dobbs for President?

I had not seen this so forgive me if it is old news, but Glenn Reynolds speculates Lou Dobbs may be positioning himself for a Democratic run for president.

By melding blue-collar Democrats' horror at what is happening to their lives and livelihoods as a result of illegal immigration with grass roots Republicans' frustration with the country club wing of their party, Lou Dobbs could in one fell stroke accomplish a paradigm-shifting, party-switching, stickin'-it-to-the-man revolution in American politics with much greater chance of succeeding than the third-party option. Lots of erstwhile Republicans are thinking about the latter, while lots of Democrats must be wishing their party had a modicum of sincere concern for working class Americans.

The Lou Dobbs wing of the Democratic party? An actual loyal opposition? A "Help Save The U.S." caucus which would give the enforcement-first Republicans a rubric to run under and a bipartisan rallying point?

Oh, brother: Build it and they will come. People would take second mortgages on their homes to help Lou pull this off. Any Republicans who hitched their wagons to this star would sail into office.

"Lou Dobbs - Help Save The US:" Talk about a stick in the eye to Pelosi, Reid, Kennedy, Rove, Bush, McCain et. al. Reinvent the Democratic party and give distraught Republicans an alternative.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Lou Dobbs for President?.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://novatownhall.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1066

stay puft said:

God Bless American Populism!

I knew I'd have you on board, Puft.

staypuft for vice prez?

stay puft said:

better lock up your bird shot!

martin n danenberg said:

KRYSTAL SERRANO’S KEYNOTE SPEECH | GED Programs | GED FOR UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS »

May 08, 2007
LOU DOBBS ON SIXTY MINUTES
By Profesor Martin Danenberg “El Quijote del GED”

Lou Dobbs was on 60 Minutes last night espousing the issues that are important to his campaign to help the middle class. He was confronted about the fact that his news telecast is full of his own opinions (I chose telecast instead of show). I have long felt that newspapers and the media should give people a chance to read different opinions without knowing who expressed those ideas. We Americans are ant-Giuliani, anti-Hillary, anti-lots of people and we should have the opportunity to absorb ideas without the personality of the person being called into question. For example, if Hillary Clinton had a plan to save us four times the amount of money that we are saving in current tax refunds or savings, wouldn’t we support her? This is what is wrong with Lou Dobbs. Someone is paying a lot of money to build him up larger than he is, but this happens in sports, Hollywood, and everywhere on the globe. If there is an abundance of one side of an issue in the news, it should be balanced by having someone else present the contrasting opinion and not Lou Dobbs.

Here is an idea for all Lou Dobbs fans and Lou Dobbs himself. Much of his reporting is wrong about important domestic issues. Once upon a time, doctors treated most ulcers with anti-acids medications. Now they treat most ulcers with antibiotics, because a doctor proved that all doctors were wrong. Once upon a time, medical science believed that the heart does not heal itself. Now those scientists know they were wrong. Much of what all reporters are reporting falls into the “Once upon a time” level of fairy tale. We can tell you the savings to your car by changing your oil according to the manufacturer’s standards and we can easily estimate the savings to the tax payer by educating people. The savings is in the billions, no hundreds of billions. Nobody has focused on the
GED issue across our large nation, an issue that has tens of millions who are in need. This is where we have gone wrong in the last 41 years since the GED became civilianized. This is where Lou Dobbs’ reporting has gone wrong. Oh, his shows are factually correct, just as the doctors were correct in their time, but he is far off the mark.
My fellow Americans, you have been looking for relief with your taxes for many years, but I tell you now that the greatest relief within the tax structure that exists is to invest in most of the 40 million adults who do not have a GED and keep them away from jail and extremely high costs related to jail and social services. Lou Dobbs is just another “bad” leader who is helping us waste our money. All of the social service agencies at the local, state, and national level have to be reorganized and you can throw in the services provided on Native American reservations too.

The American Teacher magazine in May 2007 pointed out that there will be 700.000 students who will drop out of school and cutting the dropout rate in half would save the American taxpayer $46 billion per year. The article goes on to cite strategies for keeping youth in school and says nothing or nada about GED. The savings mentioned is only the tip of the iceberg. We can effectively cut taxes by mobilizing those who are already costing us those billions and more toward the GED, better jobs, more justice for people, higher education, better families and churches, and a stronger nation that can compete better in the global economy that people tell us about. Make the GED test free for everyone in the United States (40 million adults need a GED) and can see the investment pay off in greatly reduced taxes. I do not think that the liberal Democrats and Republicans of the 1960’s and 1970’s really did what was needed to help the American people in a revolutionary manner, but the conservatives and Republicans who have dominated American politics since then, by their collective ignorance, have made matters worse. Even though there may have been some tax relief, it could have been much greater than it is. So now is the time for liberal and conservative and Democrat and Republican to unite in investing in everyone in America. Have you heard Lou Dobbs comment on the GED issue? I wrote an article about him and sent the article to his staff. Maybe we will find out if Lou Dobbs is “spineless” like journalists he has criticized. He objects to “fair and balanced” journalism and insists on “objective” journalism. Maybe Dobbs, Sean Hannity Brit Hume, Keith Olbermann, and Bill O’Reilly should team up and present my information to the American people. The American people deserve better than those men are giving. Raising the minimum wage will help the poor, but it will only produce moderate gains. Cutting the dropout rate is much more significant, but it will help less than one percent of the people each year. I propose cutting the dropout rate in half (350,000), but helping 400,000 more adults from 21 years of age and up to obtain the GED. Will people learn about this on the Lou Dobbs show?

I BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE TENS OF MILLIONS WHO WATCH THE LOU DOBBS SHOW WHO EITHER NEED THE GED OR WHOSE CHILDREN OR NEIGHBORS CHILDREN NEED THE GED AND LOU DOBBS IS NOT HELPING THEM. THERE ARE EVEN A MILLION OR MORE OF THOSE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE CLASS, TOO, WHO MUST WONDER WHY THERE IS NO HELP FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND NEIGHBORS.

MARTIN N. DANENBERG
7 BLAZER DRIVE
ISLANDIA, NEW YORK 11749
631-348-1341
GEDHOTLINE@AOL.COM
www.ahorre.com/ged
www.geocities.com/gedhotline

Profesor Martin Dane

Les Stace said:

For all your fancy words martin, you can't spell (profesor) correctly? Besides that, you are also way out in left field about Lou Dobbs. And are WRONG in many of the above statements you made. LOU DOBBS for Pres!!!!

Charles Newbold said:

I think a person of lou dobbs character and straight forward approach would be the best thing this country needs, I would vote for him in new york minute.

Chell said:

If only! He'd have my vote. The current candidates (in my own opinion) combine only lukewarm stances on some important issues with completely wrong stances on others. Lou Dobbs would bring common sense back to the table.

R said:

Lou Dobbs for President - Yes! He talks about the things that most Americans want to hear.

The other candidates are boring and leave me cold. They will do little to rectify all the disgrace Bush has gotten us into.

If only it were true. Please Lou, go for the Presidency.

anna said:

For the first time in several years, I feel there
might be hope for our country. Go get 'em, Lou!

Clark C. McClelland, ScO said:

I have been involved in MY nations politics for many years.
I supported Barry Goldwater against Johnson. I am NOT a Democrat any longer nor have I ever been a Republican. I am NOW, a INDEPENDANT!
Save OUR nation and make it VERY SOON!!
If Lou Dobbs will commit his efforts to running for President in 2008, WE, the PEOPLE have OUR candidate for the US Presidency! Congressman, Dr. Ron Paul, would be an excellent Vice Presidential candidate, even though he is, at present, a Republican.
That ticket would waltz into the White House, leaving Hillary and the other traitors far behind.
LET'S DO IT!!

Clark C. McClelland,former ScO, Space Shuttle Fleet, Kennedy Space Center, Florida 1958 to 1992.

I have been involved in MY nations politics and national space program for most of my life.
I supported Barry Goldwater against Johnson. I am NOT a Democrat any longer nor have I ever been a republican. I am NOW, a INDEPENDANT!
Save OUR nation and make it VERY SOON!!
LET'S DO IT!!

Paul said:

Lou Dobbs show was recommended to me by a friend about 6 months ago and I have been a faithful follower since that time. I myself have told many people about the show and not one has ever been in disagreement with Lou Dobbs.
Our Governement has forgotten just who they were elected to represent and obviously don't really seem to care either. My wife I will both be voting for Lou Dobbs if he runs.