A Republican for Richardson?

Well, not really, and the way the Republican Party is going, I may just start calling myself a conservative, instead. Anyway, depending on how the nominations are turning out come primary time in Virginia, I may vote in the Democratic primary, rather than the Republican. (Who knows, the Republicans may have a caucus instead.)

Why would I do that? Am I a traitor to my party, as some Republicans would say? No. It is a matter of trying to lessen the evil in the greater of the evils. I would certainly prefer almost any Republican for President over any Democrat, with the exception of Bloomberg, who only became a Republican after losing the Democratic primary, and who is, like any good Democrat, an anti-gun, pro-abortion socialist.

If I do vote in the Democratic primary, I will be voting for Bill Richardson.

Simply put, Bill Richardson is a Democrat I could live with. Unlike Obama, Clinton, and Edwards, he has real foreign policy and governing experience. We may not agree on how to solve the immigration problem, but as the governor of a border state, he has an understanding of the problem that no other candidates have.

Finally, he is running on his resume, and on his policies, not on his looks.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: A Republican for Richardson?.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://novatownhall.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1138

Had Enough said:

In April 2007 Richardson, in an interview with The Hill, said he is "pretty close" to making such a call, but added that he is reluctant to do so before Gonzales's Senate testimony despite the high-profile involvement of New Mexico in the U.S. attorneys scandal.

"The only reason I'm not there is because he's Hispanic, and I know him and like him," Richardson said, adding, "It's because he's Hispanic. I'm honest.

Richardson was born in Pasadena, California, and raised in Mexico City by his Mexican mother and American father.

He is for anything for mexicans including Amnesty.

Good idea. Richardson wants Mexico to be consulted before we secure our border. He gave a gem of a speech the other day when he officially announced - I'll try and get a snippet of the audio.

If you get a guy like him in office things WILL be much simpler because your country will be gone and that will be one less thing to have to worry about.

"If you get a guy like him in office things WILL be much simpler because your country will be gone."

It must be so scary living in your world.

Same world as you, Birdy. Some of us just have to look out for it.

stay puft said:

joe, what's with the linking to wow power-level up in the "recent comments"

I didn't know you played wow. what race are you? I picture you as a night elf.

Actually, Joe, I live in the real world.

But I'm glad that "looking out" for your world, dressed, no doubt, in a leotard and cape, gives you a sense of purpose.

Politics is a game, (except for those who make their living by it.)

Ted said:

The scary thing is is that Richardson is the most sane of the Dem candidates (relatively speaking of course).

Agreed. If our country is going to be sold down the river by a Democrat, I'd rather it be done by Richardson than any of the other democrats because he'd be likely to let citizens remain armed.

But if I was thinking that way (and I'm not) there are probably several Republicans I'd vote for first.

Big Al said:

I would reconsider... Go to MSNBC.com and take a look at his recent appearance on Meet the dePRESSed. I never seen someone step on his own feet so often in an interview. This guy has no chance.

I have seen the show. I did not think he did so badly. But then, I do not care for slick candidates, either. Look also at this YouTube interview: