Prince William Considers Immigration Enforcement Resolution

In just about an hour the Prince William County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on Supervisor John Stirrup's resolution which instructs law enforcement and basically ALL government agencies to begin enforcing existing state and federal laws immediately - on pain of "writ of mandamus to compel any non-cooperating agency to comply with such reporting laws."

The local police chief has already gotten the message.

More at Blog Fu. Also, here.

The resolution will likely be voted on during the 2:00 pm meeting. Whether it passes or not, it will set in motion a series of similar efforts elsewhere in the state.

Check back for updates.

UPDATE: 1:45 pm. A friend got one of the last seats in the Board chamber and said the anteroom is filling up with people in folding chairs. The parking lot is packed. At least one film/news crew is present. There are no actual protests going on, but reportedly a group of what appear to be migrant workers under a tree outside the building and a number of "concerned Hispanics" inside. The latter could be anyone, of course, but my friend's take is they are there to oppose the resolution.

UPDATE II: I hear Help Save Manassas was signing up a boatload of new members before the hearing.

UPDATE III: Ted reports:

I listened to a lot of it and it sounded like the pro-illegals had slightly more speakers.

They of course resorted to calling proponents of the resolution racists; saying that proponents wanted to recreate apartheid South Africa; this is an "un-Godlike" resolution; anyone who votes for this should be ashamed; migrant workers were the ones who built this country over the last 100 years because they were the only ones who would do the dirty work etc.

As usual, no facts accompanied by the typical rants we get from our friends on the Left.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Prince William Considers Immigration Enforcement Resolution.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://novatownhall.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1255

Ted said:

Big Al said:

Would it be illegal to ask the protestors for valid ID or proof of citizenship?

10th District Conservative said:

I suppose that depends who is doing the asking? There's nothing that stops me from asking - or you. but we dont' have that power to do anything about it if the answer is "no."

Had Enough said:

Illegals are brazen, they could care less what you or anyone thinks of their status because for the most part they know that no one is going to do anything to them.

The few cities that have really cracked down have seen a decrease of illegals.

When they are in a crowd they are brave and show their disrespect and their "I'll do as I please attitude."

How many times have you seen the "I dare you," look on their face?

clinton and bush have given them a false sense of confidence that will kick them in the ass on their way home.

HE you have such remarkable insights into the "illegals" minds. You must have ESP or something. I bet you're reading my mind right now so I don't have to say anything more.

Had Enough said:

More of your Double-Talk, as usual!

zagjes said:

Let's remember that Immigration enforcement is part of our Federal Justice System, not the state. Prince William county ceased to be a sleepy town south of DC, because of the influence of Hispanics buying homes in the last three years. They pay Real Estate Taxes, Income taxes, Do you want to talk about taxation without representation?

It doesn't matter if they are Hispanic or Martian: As long as they are in the country legally they are welcome to stay.