FDT Hype

Thought this was another interesting bit of information about FDT's campaign. The more and more I see of him (especially the pro-abortion lobbying records he has yet to really account for and his less-than-perfect National Right to Life score) the more I realize he isn't all he is cracked up to be. Tragic. Anyways, check this out:

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: FDT Hype.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://novatownhall.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1317

Soph,
I cannot see the picture.

It works for me.

Tired of Good ole Boys & Girls said:

Guess no one will call him Slick Willie, or more appropriately "Slick Freddy" eh?

I hardly think that a poorly delivered speech should give one serious misgivings about a candidate. Ol' Adolph could really whip a crowd into a frenzy, and that didn't turn out too well.

Forget Fred Thompson -- he has no more experience than Obama or Edwards. TOMMY Thompson was the man! Unfortunately, all he had was experience and ideas. He was neither a pretty face nor an actor. Now I have to go with Romney.

Right Winger said:

Oh Jack, not Romney the flip flopper!!!! you better look more into that one before you cast your vote.

At least he has flopped to the right side!

Had Enough said:

Romney ignored illegals until December 2006 (8 months ago).

On Wednesday, December 13, 2006, Romney signed an agreement allowing State Police to detain illegals. This was clearly a last minute effort to prepare for his run.

The new governor said from the day it was signed that he would not allow this to stand.

Romney who is worth over $250 million is most likely bored and power hungry.

He blamed his landscaping company in December 2006 when he found out illegals were mowing his lawn.

I'm so tired of these people

Fred's got some major work to do to convince many of us that he is motivated to solve the illegal immigration problem. Hiring Spencer Abraham definitely did not help.

Sophrosyne said:

We need a candidate who can truly communicate our message if we're going to have a chance this in 2008. That is why this matters. Honestly the more and more I look at Governor Romney the more I come to think he is the man for the moment. The LG's endorsement didn't hurt either.

Romney is with us on the key issues and despite the fact that a few of his positions have evolved over time he is rock solid now and with such a public conversion there is no going back. That's much better than the other 3 major contenders.

I'm so glad we agree on something Sophrosyne because I support Romney, too. He really is the candidate who is all things to all people. You might see someone who opposes gay marriage but I see someone who says he would be a better advocate for gay rights than Ted Kennedy! And his position on abortion makes both of us happy:

"Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney said this week that as president he would allow individual states to keep abortion legal, two weeks after telling a national television audience that he supports a constitutional amendment to ban the procedure nationwide."

Romney certainly is a uniter not a divider.

I do not see the contradiction, zimzo. He can both support an amendment outlawing abortion AND, as President, allow states to make their own laws regarding abortion. These are not incompatible positions because, as President, he would have no official role in amending the Constitution.

Exactly, Jack. Romney will maintain the status quo on abortion and the rest is just words to make people like Sophrosyne happy. (Shhh! Don't tell her that!)

Zimzo -- the states' making their own laws regarding abortion is NOT the status quo. The states are not allowed to do that because of Roe v. Wade.

Right Winger said:

Jack, you wrote “At least he has flopped to the right side!”

Don’t let Romney fool ya, he will continue to flip-flop, just to get the vote and in.

Jack don’t be fooled by this Mormon that dresses like a Christian, he’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing I tell ya – he stinks, have a whiff, P-U!

Sophrosyne said:

Ah Zimmy, how I've missed your rational inputs.

Dan said:

Right Winger, you are starting to sound like Al Sharpton, and I am very sure that is not the impression you wish to leave..

Right Winger -- Please explain to me how Christianity and Mormonism are fundamentally different. Pretend you are talking to a pro-life Roman Catholic -- explain how Methodists qualify as Christians, but Mormons do not.

Chris M said:

Romney has fooled this crowd, I LOVE IT! Please vote for him, if he gets in, you will realize how he out smarted you. LOVE IT LOVE IT!